Geographical Options – Extending your Missing Will Searches
Our standard Missing Will Service includes local searches, but in certain cases you may wish to include several towns, counties, the whole of Ireland or specific countries. If this is the case, please contact us for a bespoke quotation.
As a minimum, we will complete the following searches; however, as there’s no central institution or database for Will registration, we regularly review and update this service and add in new searches. We believe our service to be the most thorough that is available.
- We check with all bank(s), building societies, Accountants and Will writers local to the deceased person’s last known address.
- We write to all solicitors local to the deceased person and/or in any other specific area(s) as requested in your instructions.
- We advertise in The Law Society Gazette.
- If required we will advertise in newspapers local to the deceased’s address at death and up to two previous addresses as appropriate and if necessary (according to circumstances of each case).
- If necessary or as requested, we contact other specified professional bodies.
- We compile a summary report of all the searches made and the results of our research.