Medallion Signature Guarantees

Finders Medallion Signature GuaranteesTo sell or transfer US or Canadian Securities, you need to sign a stock transfer form (or its equivalent) and the signature needs to be “guaranteed” before a transfer agent will accept the transaction.

What does a Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp do?

Signature Guarantee programmes are operated by members of the Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Programme (STAMP).

When transferring or selling US and Canadian Securities the Medallion Signature Guarantee is compulsory and transactions won’t be approved without it. When the STAMP member issues the signature guarantee to a transfer form, they assume liability that:

  • The signatory is authorised to sign the form (be that the registered owner or the executor to a grant of probate)
  • The signature is genuine
  • The signatory has the required capacity.

Medallion Guarantees require the following documents:

  • The original signed form(s) which need the Medallion Guarantee stamp.
  • Certified copy of the share certificate or other documents such as a dividend or DRS statement, which provide evidence of ownership of the shares.
  • Certified copies of the registered owner’s passport and a recent utility bill or bank statement (that is dated within the last three months) for address verification.

If the transfer requirement arises because of probate, you will need:

  • A certified copy of the grant of probate.
  • The original signed form(s) which requires the Medallion Guarantee Stamp.
  • Certified copies of the executor(s) passport(s), and a recent (dated within the last three months) utility bill or bank statement for verification of the address.

Cost of Medallion Signature Guarantee service:

€420 INCLUSIVE of VAT payment is required in full in advance, by Bank EFT. To confirm costs please contact us and we will get in touch with full instructions.

 Next Steps:

Please contact us for a copy of the Instruction document which we need in order to provide Medallion Guarantees. Please note that we can only accept instructions from solicitors, stockbrokers or accountants, who are also able to provide the required certifications of the above listed documents.

Related services: